Six Die After Eating Endangered Turtle Meat
Nov 23, 2010 | | Amy L. Sonricker Hansen Outbreak News
Six people died, including 4 children, and more than 90 became ill after consuming meat from the endangered hawksbill turtle. The deaths were a result of poisoning from biotoxins in turtle flesh that has no known antidote. This event occurred in late-October on the Island of Murilo, Micronesia. Authorities have advised residents not to consume turtles or their eggs.
Post a Comment
The Disease Daily encourages comments on posts and hopes to foster and maintain respectful, informative and insightful conversation. Editors at The Disease Daily have created general guidelines for commenting. All comments are read by members of the editorial team before they are published. Editors reserve the right to hold or delete comments that do not abide by these guidelines. If you have posted a comment that has not appeared within one week, and you are sure that it does not violate the guidelines, please contact The Disease Daily.
Comments using language that discriminates based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity will not be published and will be promptly deleted from the queue.
Comments that attack writers and other users will be deleted.
Comments are to be published for noncommercial purposes. Comments that solicit or promote businesses will be deleted.
Please limit the use of links in your comments. Comments with certain links will appear to be spam and will be held from publishing and/or deleted.
Comments are the opinions of the commenter and do not imply endorsement by the Disease Daily.